Intolerable Treason
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Intolerable Treason goes 32th and earns her first Bronze Tri

+6
Russ
Jony
Guilla
Yuna
Athena
Xero
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Intolerable Treason goes 32th and earns her first Bronze Tri Empty Intolerable Treason goes 32th and earns her first Bronze Tri

Post by Xero Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:18 pm

After 5 exhausting hours iT makes it to place 32, through sheer luck.
Although we could've managed better, errors and last minute build adjustments killed us on 3 matches.

ANYWAY; IM DRINKIN A BEER TO THIS, WOOOOHOOO

Xero

Back to top Go down

Intolerable Treason goes 32th and earns her first Bronze Tri Empty Re: Intolerable Treason goes 32th and earns her first Bronze Tri

Post by Athena Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:22 am

Lessons learned: 1, we need to learn how to split
2. we need to play more versatile and different builds.

But yeah, poo trim is fun
Athena
Athena

Back to top Go down

Intolerable Treason goes 32th and earns her first Bronze Tri Empty Re: Intolerable Treason goes 32th and earns her first Bronze Tri

Post by Yuna Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:21 am

lesson 3: lets run sinsplit

Yuna

Back to top Go down

Post by Guilla Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:08 pm

gg for ur cape Wink
Guilla
Guilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Jony Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:30 pm

omg guila do better in monthlys plox
Jony
Jony

Back to top Go down

Post by Russ Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:08 pm

It wasn't by luck that we got top 32, thats about the lvl that we played at... we are much better than that.

We need to practice more builds/play styles than just one BEFORE the monthly so that we can go into the monthly with a couple different builds that we can run... changing to a build we have never run before in the middle of the monthly is cost us at least 1 win, that could have been the difference between bronze and silver trim. We need to make our build according to the map we are playing on, NOT the team we are playing, unless we are 100% sure that the team we are playing against is going to run a certain build.

Also, imo, we are VERY good in a straight 8v8 battle, we can play with/beat almost anybody. We should alter our balanced build to make up for our inability to split effectively against a top level team. That means more snares and more heals on our runner. Also, the key to winning against splits is to create mismatches in one of the two teams. Snares are critical to this... We have to be able to either defend our base with 2 vs. 3, or maintain the flagstand 4 vs. 5... Split builds are created to be the best they can be 5vs5 and 3vs3.. why play to there strengths? You can also do things like 3vs2 in your base, 4vs5 at the fs then send 1 to there base to gank, most split builds are not able to handle this.

Russ

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuna Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:38 pm

-running paragon on frozen was retarded
-HEV > esurge but renegade fails at life
-snares on the runner are good but u sacrifice ur main heal (runner needs to be decent and not dumb)
-with a paragon the only option against 5/3 split is to kill the split since you cant powerplay flagstand (no bsurge to defend base). even if you cant kill shit ull blow them up at VoD if u KEEP SOME NPCS ALIVE. HEV makes this easier (renegade urbad)

Yuna

Back to top Go down

Post by bogatyr Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:06 pm

while playing more builds / having a smurf would definately help the most important thing is that people need to use there brains and not be drones and need jony and me to tell you exactly what to do contrary to popular belife its harder to think for eveyone then just yourself ie in the match vers rsgn you failures didnt follow when there entire team fell out of there base also people need to talk and by people i mean russ

bogatyr

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:56 pm

wow Bogey cut the crap already we get the point. Now instead of being a big repeating baby, lets focus on what's really important here.
Athena
Athena

Back to top Go down

Post by Russ Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:56 am

bogatyr wrote:while playing more builds / having a smurf would definately help the most important thing is that people need to use there brains and not be drones and need jony and me to tell you exactly what to do contrary to popular belife its harder to think for eveyone then just yourself ie in the match vers rsgn you failures didnt follow when there entire team fell out of there base also people need to talk and by people i mean russ

was rsgn the one on meditation where we had the genious idea of running a completely new build we never ran before??

Russ

Back to top Go down

Post by bogatyr Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:00 am

yup and the fact is even if we didnt run the build before its not rocket sience the have a mass physical split and we have 2 bsurge n 3 monks all we had to do was stall till vod and blow them up with dual ancestors +splinter but we failed to do even that

bogatyr

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuna Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:22 am

the build on meditation was not a problem, we would have probably lost earlier with our usual build since bsurge > paragon against splits. we jus played bad and made lots of mistakes, yes one bein not followin their split with speed boosts while rubberbandin fast enough n missing deleted by 1s. that was 1 mistake out of many that match but bogatyr is a huge faggot n likes to blame the whole outcome of matches on monks. that is all.

Yuna

Back to top Go down

Post by Russ Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:36 am

he blamed it on me... not the monks, god knows why he would blame it on either of us, like you said it was 1 of many many mistakes we made... and far and away not the worst one.qqq the strat of waiting til vod against split while also giving them morale boosts while we aren't even turtling is probably the stupidest thing i have ever heard in my life. If we are going to wait til vod and they have full morale already why the hell dont we just turtle til vod... instead we run around against a faster build and slowly let them dp us get morale and take out npcs....

but hell i could be irrational too and just blame the warriors, we didn't get a kill that match did we?

Russ

Back to top Go down

Post by bogatyr Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:44 pm

during that match we died due to deleted being stupid on top most of the time also i never blamed anyone directly you guys have some serious conceions issues my comment on russ wasent for that match it was just on you in general your hardly ever say anything unless me or jony probes you lol and yes i blame the monks alot because things die when they have no business dieing like how the fuck do you die vers a derv +ele with 2 monks there or like today where we just constantly got rolled coz you guys cant seem to prot and constantly get aegis interupted because we cant seem to cancel under glyph

bogatyr

Back to top Go down

Post by Yes I Like Myself Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:06 am

Zero Punctuation

Yes I Like Myself
TEH KING
TEH KING

https://itreason.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuna Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:37 am

lol bogey im pretty sure i was disconnecting that match where the derv killed our stand team incase u didnt notice. regarding yesterday in the match against jeep u warriors both decided to tank bodyguard AoE dmg + linebacker without npc aggro on u while the team took archer damage + warrior spiking/shocking monks, which is why we died. just for the record SB wears off after 10 attacks and my energy isnt unlimited so u just have to be more aware instead of yelling 'OMG WHERES MY PROT' as if ure the only person that needs it. we are talking about GvG not DoA tanking.

in second place yes, our aegis will be interupted sometimes and if u pay attention during matches ull see thats its still up a fair amount of the match. i dont think its as big a problem as u make it out to be. when pulling it helps the monks if the mesmer drops a diversion on the other mesmer or magebane when a monk calls aegis so it actually gets up. glyph + cancel spam gives you away (oh hi look at dis glowing thing on my head lol) and any half-assed mesmer with battlefield awareness will jus wait till u get FC n rupt it anyway (omfg 1s cast!!!!!!). if our midline has a problem with this dont blame the monks. glyph does fake out interupts alot but it doesnt make aegis invulnerable, especially with magebane being meta.

last and most important its not 2 people that keep the team alive but 8, kthx.

Last edited by on Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:56 am; edited 1 time in total

Yuna

Back to top Go down

Post by Yes I Like Myself Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:53 am

In other words, you guys need to work together more?
Talk, communicate.

If a monk is trying to get an Aegis up, you might want to keep an eye on the mesmer. Tease him/her a bit, pressure the mesmr, KD or Diversion.

Ofcourse Aegis won't be up all the time, but it should be up most of the time. And if you fail to keep it up, then it's the whole team's fault. Lack of communication and cooperation.

You just have to work on that, + knowing how to poon split kk

Yes I Like Myself
TEH KING
TEH KING

https://itreason.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by deleted Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:31 am

oh yes, blame me. The only people that died up top during that match was Athena, (who accidently ran the wrong direction) and you. When you died i was icy shackled by the edge of the top part, so that the other monks could heal, and you got spiked on the opposite part, i couldn't reach you for a heal. My fault i guess. Rubberbanded ftw @ the top while trying to cap the flag, but i did ask for an ele which i never got.

deleted

Back to top Go down

Post by bogatyr Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:34 am

Yuna wrote:lol bogey im pretty sure i was disconnecting that match where the derv killed our stand team incase u didnt notice. regarding yesterday in the match against jeep u warriors both decided to tank bodyguard AoE dmg + linebacker without npc aggro on u while the team took archer damage + warrior spiking/shocking monks, which is why we died. just for the record SB wears off after 10 attacks and my energy isnt unlimited so u just have to be more aware instead of yelling 'OMG WHERES MY PROT' as if ure the only person that needs it. we are talking about GvG not DoA tanking.

in second place yes, our aegis will be interupted sometimes and if u pay attention during matches ull see thats its still up a fair amount of the match. i dont think its as big a problem as u make it out to be. when pulling it helps the monks if the mesmer drops a diversion on the other mesmer or magebane when a monk calls aegis so it actually gets up. glyph + cancel spam gives you away (oh hi look at dis glowing thing on my head lol) and any half-assed mesmer with battlefield awareness will jus wait till u get FC n rupt it anyway (omfg 1s cast!!!!!!). if our midline has a problem with this dont blame the monks. glyph does fake out interupts alot but it doesnt make aegis invulnerable, especially with magebane being meta.

last and most important its not 2 people that keep the team alive but 8, kthx.
even if its 1 monk i still dont know how you can die to it so quickly as for yesturdays match and talking about paying attention if you payed attention during vod ud see that one of there warriors dced for a minute and all our npcs were attacking them and vice versa

as for the whole aegis thing every fucking team we face has found the miracle that is cancel aegis spam under glyph and have aegis 90% of the time while we seem to fail miserably at it and have aegis 50% of the time at max

bogatyr

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuna Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:40 am

must have been a knight shocking me then.

as for aegis, im kinda sure its not the monks fault if the other team has aegis up 90% of the time. maybe its time for me to bring p-drain.

Yuna

Back to top Go down

Post by deleted Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:29 pm

just a fyi about he aegis gripe, most teams we face have a mod on either a paragon or on their mesmer. kkthx.

deleted

Back to top Go down

Post by Russ Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:26 pm

ah... first of all, there Aegis is lucky to be up 50% of the time if that... teams bring duel guardians + wow or guardian on there runner now for a reason. Also when we run our regular build pressuring the other team in a straight fight has never ever been a problem, with 4/5 of our offensive players being physical aegis being up even 50% of the time would mean epic fail, which is not the case in 8v8 matches. Our problem is strat calling in match and obviously with the monthly pre match. Which is why we epic fail against splits and gimmick builds.

Glyph canceling aegis does work, by the time a rupter realizes its a fast cast its to late to rupt.

Russ

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuna Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:48 pm

glyph + aegis spam (as in spam aegis really fast till FC) doesnt work. any decent mesmer watches the battlefield for cast emotions, spamming cancel is like saying 'hey look at me' not to mention the obvious noise cancelling makes. unless ur the luckiest monk in gw and always get a FC after 1-2 cancels or the mesmer has retardedly slow reflexes at mouse selecting he'll jus select + wait for FC + hit rupt = gg.

gettin aegis off has alot to do with positioning. i always try to pull back out of the enemy mesmer's aggro and cast while trying to get as many people in my bubble for aegis to cover them. alot of the time u'll still end up having to fake out the ranger in ur backline anyway, but its one less interupter to worry about. obviously at times u just have to fake out the mesmers pleak and hope his pdrain is recharging, cause if he gets faked out twice he probably shouldnt be playing mesmer in the first place. the main reason people bring glyph is to fake out interupts (pleak mainly to avoid -29 energy Very Happy) and not to get a FC on it. of course since ur using it more then once under glyph it increases ur chance of FC which is also good.

so plz stop pretending u know how to monk, im sure Xero knows the same too.

Yuna

Back to top Go down

Post by Xero Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:24 am

amen Yuna

(target their mesmers and rangers whiel casting aegis)

Xero

Back to top Go down

Post by Russ Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:46 pm

false... i am not pretending im good at monk, im letting you know what its like to a ranger when you glyph/cancel... like i said before... it takes a little bit of time to wait and see if it is a fast cast and by the time a ranger realizes it and has the 1/2 second cast time of d-shot and the flight time, unless the ranger is sitting right next to you he will most likely not hit your aegis. Just put it this way... its about 10x harder to hit an aegis when a monk is glyph canceling than when he is not. Also, with the 40/40 set that any decent monk should be using to cast aegis you would be the UNLUCKIEST monk ever to not get a fc after 1 or 2 cancels. i believe the odds are something like .4 in 1 try, .64 in 2 trys, and .78 in 3 trys.... so in only 2 cancles youd would have had a fc 78% of the time.

Russ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum